Development Interlude, Self-Amusement Edition
Posted by Alex Jordan on
Still working on Project Squish, which better be the Goddamned Citizen Kane of Xbox Live Indie Games for the amount of time and energy it's taking me. (Not sure what the hell I was initially thinking, but Squish is now 6 months overdue beyond my 3-month development timeframe. Heh.)
Still polishing a lot of things off, and I met some very nice people on the way to PAX East that recommended an artist to me that could help produce some contract art and alleviate my workload, so we'll see how that goes. In the meanwhile, to amuse myself (and you, I guess), here are some comments I left for myself in my code that I've rediscovered:
- "Move yer ass", where I tell the Boss Robot to speed up
- "EXPLODE OTHER THINGS. AND CONGLAGRATE. DON'T FORGET CONFLAGRATION." I got a little too excited when I was writing the code for my Fire effects.
- "Send out the notice that this sucker may very well die", where any collision with any object causes the Critter to check and see if there's been a fatal impact.
- "What the fuck is going on with corner intersections?", wherein I try and figure out what the fuck is going on with corner intersections. (Strange behavior when objects collide near the corners of their bounding boxes.)
- "Springs make everything springy!" Was writing that really necessary?
- "SOMEONE FUCKING TELL SHAWN HARGREAVES TO STOP SOLVING PROBLEMS THAT DON'T NEED FIXING." I might have gotten a little upset with the XNA team over what I thought to be arbitrary changes from upgrading XNA 3.1 to XNA 4.0.
- "Russkies don't take a dump, son, without having a plan." What? They don't.
- "If I had super powers, it would be firing lasers from my nipples." Self-explanatory.
- "Un-lift off! Lift on, I guess!", where elevators come back down to pick up more Critters during multiplayer matches.
I guess that's it. Color me disappointed, I remember telling myself tons of jokes in the Around The World code and thought that I'd done the same this time around. I hope I saved all of my humor for the game itself, since that's what everyone else will see.